Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Wednesday, January 9

Seen on the Blogosphere

Don't forget to vote for your favorite description of Jane Austen's suitor! Voting ends at midnight tonight. Look on my sidebar for details, and help two lucky readers win a copy of The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen, by Syrie James.

Seen Over the AP Wires: The People's Choice Awards for Independent Movie this year went to .... ta, daaa! Becoming Jane. Uh, ok. But I didn't vote. Did you?

For the Student: Rocket Book presents a series of videos about Pride and Prejudice that include summaries of the chapters and a series of quizzes.

New Blog: Jane-iac: A blog by the Kansas City Public Library features Jane-uary events and the Reel Jane Austen.

In addition, The Sampler Girl, Tanya Marie Anderson, from the Jane Austen Stitching Group contacted me to let me know that she designs "antique style cross stitch designs including a series called 'The Jane Austen Collection'. The charts have been quite popular (wonder why!) and I started a Yahoo! group this week for stitchers who delight in all things Jane." Click on her lovely website to view more of her pretty charts and samples.

Other Cross Stitch samplers can also be found at the Jane Austen Centre in Bath.

1 comment:

Oregon Regency Society said...

I confess I have not seen "Becoming Jane" yet. I am oddly reluctant. It must be Miss Hathaway that is putting me off.