Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Friday, April 29

What did you think of Kate Middleton's (Duchess of Cambridge's) wedding gown?

The dress was made of ivory and white satin gazar, a loosely woven silk, with the skirt echoing an opening flower, with white satin gazar arches and pleats and a train measuring 2.7 meters (9 feet). The ivory satin bodice, which is narrowed at the waist and padded at the hips, draws on the Victorian tradition of corsetry and is a hallmark of McQueen’s designs, Prince William’s office said. - Bloomberg
Royal Wedding Dress: Kate Middleton
Adored it
Liked it
Thought it was ok
Too simple
Didn't like it at all


  
pollcode.com free polls


11 comments:

Deborah said...

it was gorgeous so simple and i loved the veil. and not wrinkly like diana's at all.

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

I liked it and thought it suited her well. Diana's gown, on the other hand, was altogether too frou-frou for my taste and could only have worked for a 19-year-old bride.

Anna said...

I adored it. Strangely enough, it was just as I imagined it before the wedding. I was telling my husband that she would be wearing a tight lace bodice and a very classic, timeless dress otherwise. A great choice, and she looked fabulous in it!

Raquel said...

classic and timeless
remember me Grace Kelly wedding gown

Debra Brown said...

The dress was gorgeous. She is so slender that the padded hips were ok. The only thing I did not like too well was the foundation garment. She looked a little pointy up front. I would have preferred a small bustle to the padded hips...... it would be cute to see the bustle come back in on fancy dress!

Lynne said...

I loved the gown, at least she had the sense not to have a train that was too long. I remembered the train on Diana's dress it must have been at least 50 yards long with diamanté and pearls on it so it most likely weighed a ton as well as it was pure silk

Nonna Beach said...

I thought she was simply beautiful and regal and her gown was modest with the long sleeves and high collar. A refreshing change from all the skin some brides show on their wedding days !!!

Kaitlin Saunders said...

Oh my goodness this dress is amazing! :D Talk about dream dress of all time! She looks gorgeous! You go Kate! :D

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVED the dress, it was so elegant and simple and seemed to "fit" Kate's personality really well.

Charleybrown said...

I adored it! My only complaint was that all the beautiful handiwork on the skirt was only noticeable in close up photos but it was classic and timeless!

Collar City Brownstone said...

I love Kate's wedding dress and it fit her perfectly. I love Will & Kate too.