Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Friday, January 30

Lost in Austen DVD available April 14th

Good news for Lost in Austen fans!

The widescreen DVD of the television mini-series will be available for purchase in North America on April 14th. This British ITV production aired in the UK and Canada last fall and in the US in January on the Ovation network.

If you were lucky enough to see Lost in Austen, you know that it is a time travel parody of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice where Amanda Price (Jemima Rooper), a contemporary London bank clerk is transported back in time to her favorite novel, Pride and Prejudice where she lives with the Bennet family at Longbourn and meets Mr. Darcy (Elliot Cowan). Her experience there is oddly out of step with the book and her attempts to fix things to match the novel are hilarious.

If you missed the Ovation broadcast in January, buying the DVD in April may be your only chance to view it this year. If taken as a pastiche, it is immensely enjoyable and I recommend pre-ordering it for your Austen movie library. If you order it by February 3rd at Barnes & Noble, you can take advantage of their buy two DVD’s and get the third free special. What a deal!

You can read reviews of the production at Jane Austen's World and Austenprose.

Cheer, Laurel Ann, Austenprose

9 comments:

Shanna said...

Very cool! Just pre-ordered mine from Amazon.

Nonna said...

Watching it once was enough for me...I know, I'm an opinionated snob. The ending of the mini series seemed rushed and fell flat. I prefer "Miss Austen Regrets" That was classy !

ChaChaneen said...

That would make for a great giveaway!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I've only seen the first episode and really want to see what happens next...!

Mella said...

Yay! I've already got it. =p

Bostan said...

Sounds interesting.

Nigel said...

Oh darn!

No Colin Firth?
I will just have to stick to the re-runs. :)

LauraW said...

What about Australia? I didn't even know about the series till I was directed here through Facebook... and "Miss Austen Regrets"? What? who?... The world seems very large all of a sudden, and Australia, a million miles away from any of the action :(

Nonna said...

Nigel...
are you making fun of us ? I don't like the "Lost in Austen" Darcy either, come to think of it...

LauraW,

Australia is one of the few places on earth I would love to visit...beautiful ! My husband has been there and loved it ! ( before we married )

As for not having seen some of the shows we are commenting on, I will say, you are in for a treat when you see some of them.