Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Wednesday, June 10

Gwynneth on Emma


Yes, this 1996 video is rather old, but it is of Gwynneth - Mrs. Chris Martin, mother of Apple and Moses, and editor of Goop! - who discusses Emma with Charlie Rose for41 minutes. She is joined by director Doug McGrath.

A new adaptation of Emma is being filmed just now with Romola Garai. Before you forget Gwynneth's performance, you can watch the film on YouTube or, for better and clearer viewing, rent the movie from Netflix.

8 comments:

Maria Grazia said...

I love this adaptation. I hope the next will be as good! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Anonymous said...

Strange coincidence — Gwyneth's turn in Emma was a clue on Jeopardy last night.

Nonna said...

There could never be too many adaptions of Jane Austen's novel for me !

Unknown said...

Gywneth will always be Emma to me!

BubbaCoop said...

Sorry, but did you just call the lead singer of Coldplay the Son of God? I thought it was just Chris.

Vic said...

Ha! Proof that spell check is mindless. (As am I).

I fixed the error and THANK you for pointing this out. Although, one would think that this might be an appropriate moniker for Moses's and Apple's (as in Garden of Eden) Papa.

Nigel said...

Don't forget Jeremy Northam as Mr Knighlty!

Vic said...

Oh, yes, Nigel, I love Jeremy Northam's Mr. Knightley. He made the character tolerable.