Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Friday, August 14

Jane Austen Wedding Styles

Throwing a Jane Austen style wedding today is all about the details, from the invitations, to the gloves, to the shape of the dress and the sleeves, to the lace parasol or hat and old fashioned fragrant flowers, to hairstyles and jewelry. All these echoes of an elegant yet simple style from the past will make a regency era wedding seem true to form. These images and links will help a young bride (and her mother) to think about the elements that make a Jane Austen style wedding work.




Also read my post on Regency Wedding Dresses and Later Development in Bridal Fashions
Posted by Vic, Jane Austen's World

10 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Very nice! These dresses really never go out of style.

Lisa said...

These are spectacular! I so wish this had been available when I got married. When I was picking a dress, most of them looked like Bo Peep.

Barbara said...

This comes a little too late for me - but at least I had a regency style wedding dress :)

Maria Grazia said...

Lovely indeed!

Heather Carroll said...

I love the Camille gown! There used to be a little dress shop in my town when I lived in England and it always had the best wedding gowns. I remember finding the best Austen-esque gown.

Kals said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! :)

ChaChaneen said...

The whole idea is so romantic, I lurve it!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous dresses, if I were to get married I would love to wear a Jane Austen inspired dress..

ML said...

I can belive it!! The green ribbon dress of the mosaic picture above was my wedding dress ..incredible coincidence ! ML (Italy)

Vic said...

ML, That is a beautiful dress. What a gorgeous wedding you must have had!