Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Wednesday, December 16

Join the birthday celebration for Jane Austen on the blogosphere

Today is Jane Austen’s 234th birthday. Join the celebration with fellow Janeites at these great blogs.

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen! at AustenBlog

In celebration of Jane Austen’s birthday at Austenprose

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen at Jane Austen’s World

Jane Austen’s Birthday and a glimpse at life in Steventon at Jane Austen Sequels by Jane Odiwe

Happy Birthday Miss Austen! ~ 234 never looked so good at Jane Austen in Vermont

Jane Austen: 234 years old, and as young as ever at Jane Austen Addict Blog

Happy Birthday, Miss Jane Austen! at Penguin Blog who have special festivities underway all day at their Penguin Classics Twitter account.

In celebration of Jane Austen's birthday on December 16th, Penguin USA will use the Twitter hashtag #AustenAddiction, following Penguin Australia's idea, and will promote our Austen titles, do a giveaway, link to online video and radio segments and any relevant pop culture tidbits through the day.

In an annual tradition, JASNA has published it's Winter 2009 issue of Persuasions online. Enjoy!

Be sure to leave a comment of good wishes and congratulations at each blog to build the momentum.

Happy b-day dear Jane!

Cheers, Laurel Ann, Austenprose

*Jane Austen cupcake from Pemberley meeting board

12 comments:

Katherine said...

Thank you for the links! :)

Nigel said...

Happy Birthday Jane!

Carla Gade said...

Wonderful post! I reminisced about A Jane Austen Gala that I attended.
Recalling the Ball on Jane Austen’s 234th Birthday!
http://wp.me/p2djA-5d

Heather Carroll said...

I am in awe of that cupcake!

Memmis said...

I wrote my Happy BDay Jane post too :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jane! Thank you for the literary gifts you have given us!

ChaChaneen said...

That frosting with chocolate profile is SUPERB! And look at all those links.... it's going to be a long night of reading ~ lucky me! Thank you for sharing LA!

Enid Wilson said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a day late but I sent in a belated birthday wish in a JA fan fiction forum. We all missed it there.

Really Angelic

Kolein said...

Jane and I are born on the same day, some 200+ years apart, of course! Nonetheless, I feel special for that reason. Silly. Of course. I like to be silly some times!

I enjoy your blog very much! Thank you!

Where is Lori Smith? Does anyone know? I just found her book and her site. Nothing more current that 2008.

TheAtticGirl said...

Shoot, I missed Jane Austen's birthday fun. I have been sick. Bummer. I'm gonna look at the posts I missed.

Adriana Sales Zardini said...

Here in Brazil, we celebrated singing happy birthday to Jane, me and my friend Ana Maria! As soon as possible I will post the pictures there!

Alice said...

Happy Birthday Jane!!!
I Celebrate this very special day on my blog too! :)