Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Thursday, May 13

Jane Austen Question Found Online. I've No Sympathy: Do You?

Student Question:
RE: Jane Austen. I know the best way to get an answer about an author is to read the author's books, but here's the DL. I have one night to write ten journals on Romeo and Juliet. One has to do with love at first sight. I can't read a whole Austen from 12:48 AM tonight until tomorrow when I have to write it. So, in your experience as a reader, do Austen's books have a common theme at least loosely related to love at first sight? BTDubs, I consider this news, for anyone who felt like mentioning that I put this under news & politics. THANKS!!! <3>

Answer (not mine, though I heartily agree):
Probably shouldn't have been procrastinating until the last minute to do your homework.

10 comments:

Jami said...

What.a.snot.

Jessica said...

I love that someone actually called this "student" out. I've done my share of procrastinating, but this is baaaaad. At least do your own google searches ;)

TONY said...

I'm afraid Jane Austen isn't going to work for you. Emma, Anne Elliot,Catherine Morland: love at first sight,huh!!, well no joy with any of them. Marianne Dashwood, did fall in love pretty quickly with John Willoughby but that was a total disaster and caused much pain.
You reaaly must do the reading . It's the only way. Own up to your tutor,ask for soem extra time and PUT IN THE WORK. That's my only advice.

Raquel said...

Well,well... I think I have discovered why I never like very much Romeo and Juliet. LOL!

S and family said...

I love the work ethic here!

Christina Hicks said...

Wait, the way I read this was that the 'student' thinks that Jane Austen wrote Romeo and Juliet? Please tell me I'm reading into this incorrectly!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was trying to figure how how we went from Shakespeare to Austen.

TONY said...

Shakespeare to Austen???
Could be trying to find literary comparisons to back up an argument.

I don't know, but maybe this person in question really did think Jane Austen wrote Romeo and Juliet.

ChaChaneen said...

Hilarious! Yet sad if this student is in the dark and thinks Jane is alive and well. Ha ha

Steph said...

Oy! I've done some procrastinating in my time, but seriously? This is what Cliff's Notes are for, anyway. Stop asking other people to do your homework for you, get off your hiney (or rather, on) and read read read. Some people!