Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Saturday, August 21

Sense and Sensibility, Comics

Gentle Readers, Sense and Sensibility, the comic book version from Marvel Comics, has been out since late May. Volume 4 of 5 is now available. The following images (from Comic Book Resources) provide previews of each volume so far. Click on each image to enlarge and read it. Enjoy. Story by Jane Austen and Nancy Butler; images by Sonny Liew.

Volume 1: The death of Mr. Dashwood creates hardship for his widow and daughters. While John Dashwood, the son from a previous marriage, promised to look after his stepmother and half sisters, Fanny Dashwood persuades him from honoring his obligation....













Stay tuned this week for previews of the other volumes.


7 comments:

Jeannette said...

I am glad they changed the artist. Pride and Prejudice had terrible drawings.

I still prefer to read the books.

Allie ~ Hist-Fic Chick said...

Oh my goodness! This is just too much!

Thank you so much for sharing. A friend of mine works at Marvel... and she KNOWS my obsession with all things historical fiction and Jane Austen! Poor thing is going to get an *angry* phone call later today asking WHY she neglected to tell me about this!

But I will of course give the option of making it up to me by scoring me some copies :)

Sissa said...

I've been reading these and they're all really cute and well done. ^^

Melissa

Diana said...

I really want it. Seems quite good.

I love comics. I think Jane Austen has much to add to the comic world.

Becky said...

I love these and can't wait to read this one, like Pride and Prejudice. Thanks for sharing!

S and family said...

LOVE THIS! I am going to have to get copies of these comics to share with all of my Austen-obsessed friends. Thanks for sharing.

Adriana Sales Zardini said...

Hi Vic! I didn't see the pages of this comics yet! Some months ago I just post the cover in my blog. thanks for sharing!