In the new issue (No 56):
- Archaeologists excavate the site of Steventon rectory
- Romance of the East: how Regency travellers were fascinated by Islam and the Orient
- Best-selling novelist Karen Doornebos asks why grown men swoon over Mr Darcy
- How Charles Dickens, the bicentenary of whose birth is celebrated this year, was influenced by Jane Austen's contemporaries
- Maggie Lane explores Frances Burney's experiences at the Royal Court
- Jane Austen's nieces in Ireland - the amazing true story of May, Lou and Cass
- Finding the fools in Northanger Abbey
Plus the latest Jane Austen news, readers' letters, book reviews and news from Jane Austen societies around the world.
Subscription information is available at www.janeaustenmagazine.co.uk
Jane Austen's Regency World magazine is the only full-colour glossy magazine dedicated to Jane Austen and the Georgian and Regency times. It is published six times a year in Bath, England, and mailed worldwide by subscription. Copies are also sold via Jane Austen's House Museum, Chawton, the Jane Austen Centre, Bath, and Jane Austen Books in the US.
Read a sample article, 'The Real Mrs. Bennet?' here.