Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Saturday, April 17

Los Angeles Time Festival of Books Slated at UCLA on April 24 and 25th

The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books is a weekend event that celebrates the joy and magic of books, reading and literacy. This year it will take place April 24-25 at the UCLA campus. One of the authors who will be making a special speaking appearance is Susannah Carson, the editor of A Truth Universally Acknowledged: 33 Great Writers on Why We Read Jane Austen.

Susannah will be speaking on the panel “Writing on Writers”, which will take place April 25th at 10:30 AM. Those who attend will find out more about Susannah’s process in putting this book together, and what insights she gained into Jane Austen’s enduring popularity.

1 comment:

TONY said...

Just checked the definitions for ,slated.

Lucky I did. In Britain, apart from putting slates on a roof slated is used to mean reprimand or tell off in very strong terms.

I thought it a bit heavy that the book festival had been slated before it has even started.

I did not realise it means to plan or schedule also. A new one on me.

Just us Brits I'm afraid.

All the best,
Tony