The Jane Austen Festival in Bath will celebrate 12 years of success this year. Find full information about the activities on the Jane Austen Centre site: Click here.
Highlights of the Festival include:
- Saturday, Sept 15: the promenade includes red coats this year. Over 500 people dressed in Regency costume officially open the Festival.
- Sunday evening, Sept 16: an Evening with Mr Wickham. Adrian Lukis, who played the character in 1995s adaptation of Pride & Prejudice.
- Monday, Sept. 17: a walk to Beechen Cliff.
- Tuesday, Sept 18: an outing to Stourhead House and other gardens in Wiltshire
- Wednesday, Sept 19: the Tin Roof Productions theatre company performs Sense and Sensibility, the musical.
- Thursday evening, Sept 20: A Noisy Game of Lottery Tickets at the Jane Austen Centre, (Regency card games).
- Friday noon, Sept 21: Ladies of a Certain Age, presented by History Wardrobe, which focuses on the older women of Austen's novels in humorous celebration.
- Friday, Sept 21: Jane Austen Festival Regency Costumed Masked Ball held in the Pump Room.
- Saturday, September 22, Walking tour of Jane Austen's Bath.
I just went for the weekend this year for the first time and had a great time.
How I would love to have been there! Perhaps one day ...
Oh how I wish I could have gone. Hopefully next year!
Post a Comment