Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Thursday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here are some lovely romantic items for your valentine's day consideration:


A Red, Red Rose
(This poem by Robert Burns never gets old; it is just sweetly familiar.)

O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!

  • Festival Ball Tickets Now on Sale, Assembly Rooms, Bath, September 27, 2008. This year's event is set to be the biggest so far, and is being held in the amazing splendour of The Assembly Rooms Bath - the whole of the building is to be used - exactly as it would have been in Jane Austen's time.
  • View the beautiful costumes on Marmee Crafts, including Regency Dress and Corsetry.
  • This rare 1791 edition of Les Amours de Psyché et de Cupidon at David Brass Rare Books features lovely illutstrations of Cupid and Psyche.
Image fromDavid Brass Rare Books. Posted Ms. Place

No comments: