This student adores her Jane Austen Class with such exuberance that I find her enthusiasm infectious. I won't quote all of AfricaBleu's reasons for loving her class, so please click on this link to read them:
Why I Adore My Jane Austen
1. My professor is English, so even the most mundane details are thrilling when spoken with that accent.
2. Sitting down to read my assignments is like being given permission to watch a chick-flick every night... and getting credit for it.
4. We get to watch excerpts of the movies that were made from the books in class -- specifically, the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy -- oh, YEAH -- Mama LIKEY.
7. I actually ENJOY writing my research project for this class. Enjoy. Writing. A. Research. Paper. If I wasn't so happy, I'd think I was ill.
8. I feel like I am actually going to a club meeting of like minds, rather than to class twice a week -- it's that good.
9. We get to have a FIELD TRIP to go to a local theatre and watch :"Sense and Sensibility" on the big-screen. A FIELD TRIP -- how many other classes have you had in college where you get to take a FIELD TRIP?? I ask you...
10. We will be finishing the class with my all-time favorite Jane Austen book of all, Persuasion. I found out that it is also the fave of my professor (which proves her brilliant taste!) and is one of the sexiest, subtlest books ever written. "All the privilege I claim for my sex (it is not a very enviable one, you need not covet it) is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone."
(...Excuse me while I remove the arrow from my heart and find a tissue... sniff.)
Tuesdays and Thursdays are my best days. Thanks, Ms. Austen.