Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Friday, May 15

Crafty Artists at Etsy Inspired by Jane Austen

Oh how I admire crafty people, and am duly amazed what Jane Austen inspired items are available online at Etsy. Among the incredible artists creating jewelry, handbags, dolls, and paintings etc, etc, is one that I especially admire, Brigida Swanson of Seattle, Washington. Her online shop Yardia features a clever use of Austen quotes from her novels and letters on handmade cards with images of Regency era gowns. One of my favorite quotes by Emma Woodhouse is used with a beautiful pen and ink drawing of a frock on a notecard ready to highlight a special gift or note to your friends or family. Check out all of the Austen related items on Etsy here, and enjoy!

Cheers, Laurel Ann, Austenprose

1 comment:

Gina said...

Very cool! I love the "You've found your Mr. Darcy" card! :-)