Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Monday, May 25

A New Mr. Darcy???

AustenBlog reports that State of Romance, a contemporary Pride and Prejudice inspired RomCom will be on the fall line up on NBC. Can Janeites reclassify it as a PrideCom??? La! Here is a description.

When Emily and Mike get seated together on a commuter flight, sparks do not fly. As a matter of fact, they dislike each other from the very start and discover that they have nothing in common except for their love of wine. But Emily and Mike can't control fate. They continue to meet, thanks in large part to their best friends' budding romance, and they continue to get under each other's skin. Over time, their dislike for each other slowly turns to curiosity and from curiosity to actual interest. Can polar opposites really attract? We're about to find out.

Soooo, the big question on my mind is … who will be Mike/Mr. Darcy???


Steve Howie! My first reaction to this casting … is he the spawn of Alfalfa from Our Gang? Inquiring Janeites want to know!


Cheers, Laurel Ann, Austenprose

7 comments:

Charleybrown said...

I thought this guy looked familiar. I loved Steve Howey when he played Van on Reba (much more handsome than that pic although still a clown).

Melanie said...

I enjoyed him as Van on Reba as well. I'm curious to watch him play a more serious role. It should be interesting.

Unknown said...

I never got into Reba, so I'm unfamiliar with this new guy...due to the inspiration behind the show, though, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll give this show a try.

Emma said...

Loved him on Reba!

Maria Grazia said...

Well, it's contemporary comedy. It'll be fun. He has the right face for comedy, not my dream Mr Darcy, though.

Nonna said...

NBC is a travesty of a network, so maybe this show might bring them up a notch in the ratings ???

Employment said...

he looks like peter pan when he was still young..