Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Sunday, February 7

Jane Austen Movie Throwdown

The third episode of Emma 2009 will be shown tonight on PBS (in competition with the Super Bowl!) You have had the opportunity to visit a number of fabulous houses used for the location shots. This week we ask you,

Whose drawing room best suits your taste?

Mr. & Mrs. John Knightley, Brunswick Square, London

The Woodhouse's drawing room, Hartfield in Highbury

Mr. Knightley's drawing room, Donwell Abbey

Whose drawing room in Emma 2009 best suits your taste?
Mr. and Mrs. John Knightley's, Brunswick Square
The Woodhouse's in Hartfield
Mr. Knightleys in Donwell Abbey
  
pollcode.com free polls

6 comments:

Emma Hox said...

I really like the Woodhouse drawing room.

The reason it appeals to me is because of the square framed moldings around the art hanging on the walls. I do not know what it is called, but I really like that look. Along with the slight chair rail. Though I also really like that at the Knightly London house.

Unknown said...

Sadly, I lose the t.v. to the men tonight due to the superbowl. I have to wait until tomorrow to watch the rest of it online :/ I think perhaps though, I will re-cap the previous episodes to tide me over!

I really enjoy Donwell Abbey's Drawing room. I like the furnishings and just the mood of the room. Looking forward to finishing it! Although, I wish it could go on forever :)

Nonna said...

I like the Woodhouse Drawing Room because of the furnishings, moldings etc. and being able to go out, walk to Donwell Abbey and enjoy the beautiful grounds of both houses.

A very close second:
I like the less formal, intimate nature of the Knightley's London house Drawing Room too !

Nigel said...

Tough call!
They all look nice.

Sissa said...

I actually rather like the openness of the Woodhouse's drawling room. ^^ I feels more cheerful and less formal.

TheAtticGirl said...

I have an award for you on my blog here:

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/02/prolific-blogger-award.html

Stop by when you have a chance.