Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Thursday, January 13

Daria and Jane: Write Where it Hurts

Gentle Readers: This clip comes from Season 2, Episode 13 "Write Where It Hurts" of MTV's Daria.



Some fun lines from the clip:

First: Quinn and Daria talk
Daria: Mr. Lane's temperament, outlook, indeed his very manners are such as to arouse bemusement rather than endearment in the object of his attention.
Quinn: Huh?
Daria: He's flaky.

Second: The talk continues
Daria: Dear sister, I would hope that whoever does become Lady Lane does so out of regard for Mr. Lane, and not for his estate.
Quinn: What about his car?
Daria: Hmm.

Daria and Quinn
Third: Men approach on horseback

Quinn: And pray, upon this dewy morning, what errand is it that finds you guys abroad?

Quinn's Admirer 1: Miss Quinn, may I get you a bracing spot of tea?
Quinn's Admirer 2: Do you need a powder, to cure the vapors?
Quinn's Admirer 3: I'll tune your pianoforte!

Daria: Oh, Quinn, your suitors are so numerous because you are so fair and good!
Quinn: Oh, sister! Your wit and judgment ensure that you will not only marry well but wisely.

Contributed by Raquel Salleberry, Jane Austen em Português

8 comments:

AJSnow said...

cracking up! I looove a good spoof

Lynnae said...

Ahhh, that's fun.

Anonymous said...

I love Daria. Her wit is timeless. ;)

Alexa Adams said...

I adore Daria and have watched the series at least five time (I have a cartoon obsession), and she still makes me laugh. Thanks so much for sharing!

Roberta said...

Hi, you are one of my lucky winner of the Sunshine Award
http://landedicarta.blogspot.com/2011/01/premio.html
Best regards,
Roberta

Kathleen said...

So great! Love the blog by the way...a great way to get a good Jane Austen fix :)

Heather Carroll said...

God, I miss Daria! I love how their spoof is fairly accurate in its spoofing abilities

Nonna said...

Good for a nice laugh...thanks !