Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Monday, August 1

A Love Letter For You

I think most of us, whenever we read Captain Wentworth's letter, almost forget "Miss A. E.", to whom the letter is addressed. We think about the Captain and our feelings.
"I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope..."
Amanda Root as Ann Elliot
After Miss Anne read the letter, Jane Austen tell us:
"Such a letter was not to be soon recovered from." 
Since we are talking about feelings I dare ask you, gentle readers: If this letter were for you, how would you describe your feelings in just one sentence?

Posted by Raquel Sallaberry, Jane Austen em Português

5 comments:

CJ said...

I am yours heart and soul.

:))

Julie said...

My feelings on reading this letter would soar to the dizzying heights of Heaven...all my hopes and wishes, though I have long known them to be out of the question, have just come true!

Enid Wilson said...

My soul has been with you, for the past years...

Chemical Fusion

Anonymous said...

I am all agony and all hope for the time we have wasted and the possibility of love united to complete me at last.
or Your letter makes my heart sing with resounding joy.

debs said...

AHHHHHH!!!
extreme happiness and uncontrollable excitment