Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Sunday, October 16

Jane Austen Madame Tussaud Throwdown

According to the Press Association: Oscar-winning actor Colin Firth is used to handling statuettes - and now he will have to get to grips with being one .The King's Speech star is being turned into a wax figure for London attraction Madame Tussauds later this year. Model-makers have finished off the first stage by completing a clay version of his head. Principal sculptor Louis Wiltshire has put the finishing touches to the lifelike image which will be used to create a mould for the final cast of the actor's head. Firth - who can currently be seen in the hit spy thriller Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - will join a group of other A-list stars in December.

Do you think this is a good likeness of Colin Firth in his film role as King George VI?
Yes
No
Not sure



  
pollcode.com free polls 

Contributed by Raquel Sallaberry, Jane Austen em Português


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

After years on insisting on only reading books Jane actually wrote, I'm considering dipping into the world of Jane Austen sequels. I would really appreciate it if you'd check out my post on the issue, and give me some feedback on your views, maybe recommend a couple of good entry-level sequels to start my journey with. Thanks.
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

TONY said...

Dear JNCL. My advice. Just don't do it. It's a murky world of tasteless stuff out there. I'd hate you to get addicted."Now take care out there." As the sergeant in Hill Street Blues used to say.

Madame Tussauds is just off Baker Street. There is a statue of Sherlock Holmes outside the tube station nearby.Tussauds is tacky,cheesy,lowbrow,overcrowded and an absolute MUST. A great day out if you add a MacDonalds and Diet Pespy into the mix.
Personally I was thrilled to have a photo shoot with the Beetles. I got in amongst them. The photos make us look as though me and them are all great mates. The fact that they were made of wax didn't put me off. Also had my picture taken with Elle Macpherson but don't tell Marilyn. Ha! Ha!

Raquel Sallaberry said...

Dear Tony,

when I were at London, I prefer a good pint of Guinness than Madame, and sing Charles Mop, you know, the man who invented the beer!

cheers, raquel

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

I think this is a stunning likeness! The facial expression is perfect!