Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Friday, December 30

Countdown to 2012: The Five Jane Austen Related Books I Most Enjoyed Reading in 2011. #2 - Jane Austen Made Me Do It, edited by Laurel Ann Nattress

My second choice of an Austenesque book in 2011 is Jane Austen Made Me Do It, an anthology of Jane Austen inspired short stories edited by Laurel Ann Nattress. The stories are written by 21 authors, some better known than others - Lauren Willig • Adriana Trigiani • Jo Beverley • Alexandra Potter • Laurie Viera Rigler • Frank Delaney & Diane Meier • Syrie James • Stephanie Barron • Amanda Grange • Pamela Aidan • Elizabeth Aston • Carrie Bebris • Diana Birchall • Monica Fairview • Janet Mullany • Jane Odiwe • Beth Pattillo • Myretta Robens • Jane Rubino and Caitlen Rubino-Bradway • Maya Slater • Margaret C. Sullivan • and Brenna Aubrey, the winner of a story contest hosted by the Republic of Pemberley.

While I found some better than others, I found several so unique and intriguing that I felt I had discovered a small but unique treasure trove of tales. Click here to read my review of Jane Austen Made Me Do It.


Click here to purchase the book.http://janitesonthejames.blogspot.com/2011/12/countdown-to-2012-five-jane-austen.html
Click here to see my number one choice for 2011

No comments: