Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Thursday, March 12

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies News & Gossip

For all our loyal readers out there in Austenland, here is an update on P&P&Z.

The official release date for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is April 1st (even though Amazon and Barnes & Noble had listed as May). Its publisher Quirkbooks has posted an illustration on its website which I have included on the left. Hmmm? It does not look much like the C. E. Brock illustrations that they mentioned they would be in the style of, does it?

Anyway, the good folks at Quirkbooks sent me an advance copy, which finally arrived a few days ago. There is an embargo on my talking about it until April 1st, but today on its Facebook page, readers are commenting that they have purchased their copies today at Borders Books! It appears that crazed Zombies have invaded the printers warehouses and stolen copies and delivered them only to Borders. Well, that is special, and really throws a wrench in the publicity works. I hope it is just a rumor, because this busy blogger has not finished reading it, yet alone ready to review it properly. As a bookseller, I know that publishers can place a strict on sale date to a new title, and if book sellers break that sales date, there is hell to pay. If this is true, then naughty, naughty Borders. If it is just evil rumors generated by over zealous Austen & Zombie addicts, then I just throw my hands up in exasperation. It's still 20 days until its official release already! We shall see what rises or falls to he bottom of the grave.

Cheers, Laurel Ann, Austenprose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that I actually bought a copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at one of the Borders. It was "hidden" on a "Borders recommends" shelf. There were only two left when I picked it up, and I imagine there were probably 6-8 originally (based on the size.) Anyhow, I am howling with laughter because it is just so bizarre! (And the study questions at the end are very enlightening.) Hope you enjoy it, too, when you get it. I can say that it wasn't what I imagined it would be... just a little bit better.

Anonymous said...

Me again... I, of course, misread what you had written. I hope that you did enjoy it, and it will be nice to see what you have to say about it on April 1st.

~Aileen Ma~ said...

Oh, the whole Austen Zombie Concept is getting out of hand!!

All Austen-purist and Semi-Austen-purists---Attack!!!

Ok, so I'm only half joking. But really, I don't find this all that amusing.