Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Sunday, July 5

Jane Austen Movie Throwdown

Ah, it's the July 4th weekend in the Colonies when staggering amounts of peach pie, fried chicken, and fresh corn are consumed along with vast quantities of pale ale and ice tea. You have been invited to be a guest in a cozy house just outside the small village of Meryton and have received two invitations from two Bennet families. Whose invitation will you accept? A weekend with the Bennets from 2005's Pride and Prejudice or with the Bennets from Lost in Austen? Both families are, shall we say, a tad eccentric, and both can offer music, lively conversation, a turn around a pretty wilderness of sorts, lawn bowling, shooting, and ample food at mealtime.










I'd Like to Be Their House Guest




pollcode.com free polls
I'd like to be their house guest for July 4th
2005 Pride and Prejudice Bennets Lost in Austen Bennets

4 comments:

Charleybrown said...

Although I was more entertained by Lost in Austen, I think I'd feel safer with Kiera and company and perhaps get to meet the fascinating Macfadyen?! He's an actor that intrigues me...

becca said...

Alex Kingston makes a rocking Mrs. Bennet, and I kinda think Hugh Bonneville is cute in a St. Bernard sort of way, so my vote is with the LiA Bennets.

ChaChaneen said...

Definitely I'd like to dine with Lost in Austen, Amanda and I could share a few jokes that would go over everyone elses head! ha ha. .. the 2005 version is my least fav of P&P.

Nonna said...

The 2005 version...although it is my least favorite one, it is better than being..."Lost in Austen"