Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Thursday, October 28

Jane Austen Society Members Welcomed to Portland

It's that time of year again for the Jane Austen Society of North America's annual meeting, October 29-31. Pauline Beard (an English professor and Jane Austen scholar) and Susan Schwartz (shown below) were two of the conference's organizers.

Image from @Oregon.live

Janeites we know, like Laurel Ann from Austenprose, will be traveling to that fair city today and tomorrow to join in three days of Janeite festivities. For a schedule, click on the link in the sidebar.

Janeites in San Francisco, 2004 @Los Angeles Times photo
Read more on the topic:

3 comments:

Raquel said...

Vic,

I see your pea green with envy.

We, in Brazil, say purple with envy, too.

So, I am eggplant purple with envy of those girls!

Kidding... Love for all Janeites in Portland

Oregon Regency Society said...

The Oregon Regency Society welcomes JASNA to our lovely state.

Dominik Bjegovic said...

Hey! Thanks for your company’s instant help. Otherwise I would have lost my assets and wealth. I liked your solutions very much. Your company’s employees are so professional that they heard my problems and gave me solutions instantly. They also taught me about tax avoidance. I refer others to try this website to solve their problems in a satisfactory way. Thanks again. Dominik Bjegovic