Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Tuesday, May 22

Jane Austen's Will

The website, Treasures from the National Archives, UK, links to a copy of Jane Austen's Will which she wrote at Chawton just months before she died. Also find William Shakespeare's Will on this site.

Here is the transcript of Jane's Will:

I Jane Austen of the Parish of Chawton do by this my last will I testament give and bequeath to my dearest sister. Cassandra. Elizabeth everything of which I may die possessed of which may be hereafter due to me, subject to the payment of my Funeral expences, & to a Legacy of £50. to my Brother Henry, & £50 to all de Byion which I request may be paid as soon as convenient. And I appoint my said dear sister the executrix of this my last will & testament.




April 27 1817

No comments: