All you have to do is comment on this post and answer these two questions:
1. Which is your favorite Jane Austen novel? (If you haven't read one, you can list which one you want to read or which movie is your favorite.)
2. If you could have tea with Jane Austen, what is the first & most interesting question you would ask her?
You have until midnight on Wednesday, 14 November 2007, to enter. Lady Jane will randomly choose two winners and then announce the names on her blog on Thursday, 15 November. Click here to enter her blog!
- Austen Blog has revved up its blog engine and is going full blast again, offering posts filled with wonderful Jane tidbits and news.
- Don't forget that my Icon contest will end at midnight, Sunday, November 11, USA EST! See the particulars in the post below. The run for the #1 spot is hot and heavy! I expect a flurry of activity before deadline.
- Thanks to Austen-tatious, I discovered this blog's readability level. It is...taaa daaaa!
Now, here's the rub. Jane Austen's World often contains concepts that are more difficult to grasp than those in this blog, describing customs, manners, language and mores of bygone days. Its readability level? High School. Ahem.
On second thought, perhaps such a rating for a more 'scholarly' blog is not so bad after all. I imagine high school and college students are more apt to read Jane Austen's World for research if they can understand the concepts, so the language should be clear and accessible. Still. High School?