Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Thursday, January 28

Emma Twitter Party Redux on Sunday, January 31st 9-11 PM

Emma (2009), the new adaptation of Jane Austen's classic novel Emma premiered last Sunday and continues for the next two Sundays on Masterpeice Classic PBS. (check local listings) The Emma Twitter Party during the broadcast was such a screaming success that it will be duplicated in a bi-coastal celebration on January 31st 9-11 PM ET & PT at TweetGrid. Use hashtag #emma_pbs.

In conjunction with Masterpiece Classic PBS, Vic & I will be hosting the east coast party and Laurie Viera Rigler and Kali Pappas will be hosting the west coast party. In addition to all the great commentary and reactions by Tweeters, Masterpiece PBS and your co-hosts, there will be an Emma quiz and giveaway contest of Jane Austen Action Figures drawn from Tweeps who answer correctly. PBS is also offering a special 25% off merchandise at ShopPBS.org for the participants of the event. The special purchase code will be revealed during the event, so you can pony up and buy that Emma (2009) DVD which is released on February 9th, 2010.

Visit the Emma Twitter Party page at the Masterpiece Classic for details.
Join us at TweetGrid or your favorite aggregator for the Emma Twitter Party.
Vic tweets as janeaustenworld
Laurel tweets as Austenprose
Kail tweets as magicskyway
Laurie tweets as austen_addict
Masterpiece tweets as masterpiecepbs

Don’t miss out on all the merriment. “Seize the pleasure at once” and join the fun!

Cheers, Laurel Ann Austenprose

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this site! Thank you for such dedication to this blog for us Janites out there. :)

I can't wait for the 2nd installment of PBS's "Emma."

~Evie

Nigel said...

Jane Austen Action figures?
No way......

Laurie Viera Rigler said...

So excited to party with you all!

Laurie Viera Rigler said...

And Nigel, you haven't lived till you've held one of those action figures in your hands.

Dani said...

I feel that I must comment on your page because I've lurked for such a long time.

If ever there was a blog that made me go squee and take me to happyplacewhereunicornsandrainbowsreside, this be the site. I truly love it.

The site this week is a welcome distraction as I have struggled with the death of a close loved one. I've come to fully love all things Jane Austen and this site is truly the best. I am continually amazed at the effort and energy you use to not only post, but to post nearly every day.

As as side note though...I can't seem to figure out how to use twitter. Do you have a facebook page?

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani, thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoy visiting here and appreciate your comment. Jane Austen Today does not have a Facebook page, but Vic and I both do, so you can find us there.Mine is under Laurel Ann Nattress and Vic's is under Jane Austen's World.