Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Sunday, September 5

Jane Austen Movie Throwdown

This week we ask you to vote for your favorite actress who portrayed Jane Austen's sister, Cassandra

Becoming Jane: Anna Maxwell Martin

Anna played a young Cassandra who lost her fiance. She also played Bessy Higgins in North and South and a memorable Esther Summerson in Bleak House.

Miss Austen Regrets: Greta Scacchi

Greta played an older, more mature Cassandra. Careworn and aging, she takes care of Jane in her final illness. Miss Scacchi has also portrayed Cara in Brideshead Revisited and Mrs. Weston in Emma. One of Greta's more interesting costume roles was in the The Red Violin, in which she played Victoria Byrd.

Actress who portrayed Cassandra Austen
Anna Maxwell Martin, Becoming Jane
Greta Scacchi,Miss Austen Regrets
pollcode.com free polls



1 comment:

Nonna said...

I like both actresses but must give my props to Greta S. ( In this case, the deck is somewhat stacked since I am a longtime fan of hers )

As we all know, as most people grow older, they become more interesting because of their life experiences, reading, pondering and travels.

Personally, I was a silly little thing when I was young and not deep at all...over time, I think I have improved, as did Cassandra and Jane.