Click here to enter my other blog: Jane Austen's World.

Wednesday, January 6

The endearing ladies of Cranford return on Sunday

The new season on Masterpiece Classic begins on Sunday, January 10th, 2010 at 9:00 pm with Return to Cranford, the continuation of Victorian-era author Elizabeth Gaskell's stories about Cranford, an English village in Cheshire populated by endearing characters with traditional views facing the challenge of change during the industrial revolution in England during the 1840's. Here is a preview at Austenprose of the new two episode series which premieres on PBS. Since this is the last bonnet drama that the BBC/WGBH will be producing for some time, don't miss it!

Cheers, Laurel Ann, Austenprose

4 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL I've been waiting for Return to Cranford since I heard about it last year!

I can't wait to see it!! :)

Hope you are having a great New Year!

Nonna said...

HOORAY, Cranford is back and my DVR is set to go !

Anonymous said...

Miss Laurel Ann,

Do you think "they" will ever make a movie based on one of Georgette Heyer's books?

I don't like all of them, but her writing style (the humor!) is extremely entertaining.

Thank you!
Bella

And Cranford was so very good! I bought it, and that's not something I do for just any movie. :)

ChaChaneen said...

I'll be buying the DVD of this series as well. I just lurve these Regency Era period dramas! Sigh....